Thursday, October 13, 2005

Transport

Well, it was certainly interesting getting to work today, with there being no Northern Line. Took me nearly 2 hours to get to work, using a crafty combination of sitting on gridlocked buses and running down streets in the pouring rain, and I didn't arrive until 10:45 (gulp!). What puzzles me is that they must have known this was coming. I mean, the service has been pretty crap for the last week or so, and I can't help but wonder whether the removal of all services on the line has something to do with the major works that were in the press a while ago about having to shut the City branch for a couple of months because the track was in such a dire state.

I guess it's going to be interesting getting home tonight as well, *sigh*.

In other news, I'm reliably informed that Douglas Murray who was at Magdalen at the same time as me, and who sings at St Michael's with me on Sunday mornings, was on Newsnight last night, talking about Iraq. I wish I'd seen it. The internet doesn't seem to have any information on it, which is a shame.

And then there's the new video iPod released yesterday. I have to say that the idea of paid downloads of TV programmes actually does quite appeal to me. Yet another way to while away the lengthy commute!

Oh, and one final element to this disjointed blog post - for some reason there's a mysterious charge of $18.50 that was debited from my credit card on 16th August by "IT SOLUTIONS GROUP INC. 954-472-1656 FL", whoever they are. I informed my credit card company that it looks fishy, and they've suggested I contact the easily-identified (?!) IT Solutions Group about it. That'll be easy...

--edit-- Silly me! As Jack points out in the comments, it was the bill for a URL I'd purchased. Now my mind's at rest.

2 comments:

Jack said...

IT Solutions Group, Inc. are the people who host the actionandaction.com domain I sold you! Not sure why they would have charged you $18.50 - either a mistake, or you agreed to automatically renew the registration and/or DNS forwarding each year.

You can contact them at support/@nicgrab.com [remove the / obviously]

Anonymous said...

Hey wanna taste the most delicious cheese from my deli. My deli has a numerous amount of smoked and aged cheeses across the globe. My hot melted cheese is waiting for you tonight. Simply call 030030 03003 and ask for Cheese