Monday, November 07, 2005

My view of the world


Wonderwoman at my desk
Originally uploaded by ambroseneville.
Today, this was literally my view of the world. The wonderwoman mug I was given for my birthday by my colleagues, a huge pile of red plastic folders of work to go through. Aaaargh.

Keen observers will notice I have the This Ain't Vegas website loaded on the computer screen.

Okay, so what have I been up to recently? Well, tonight I went to see a rather excellent film called 'Totally Personal', by Nedzad Begovic, a Bosnian director, at the Blue Elephant Theatre. It was very touching and genuinely portrayed family life without being corny, and alluded to the conflicts of the balkans only very gently. This past weekend I went to visit Naomi in Hampshire, to recover a bit from the wierd stomach problems I've been having recently, and to catch up on some 'personal admin' as my wish-they-weren't-City lawyer friends would call it. I think I'm going to keep dealing with things in reverse order. Well, we went to see the new Wallace and Gromit film last night, which was very very funny, and had me laughing out loud many times (to Naomi's slight embarassment). I'd highly recommend it. During the daytimes, Naomi had law college classes to attend, so I sat in their computer room to get on with various things, like trying to find good value flights to Florida around the New Year for Andrew's wedding. Back on Saturday night, we went to the Alresford town fireworks display, which was actually really good. And on Friday evening we just watched some TV and generally rested.

During last week I discovered the most wonderful band, at a gig at the Betsey Trotwood. Called Itch, they were a Leeds-based bunch who reminded me of Braid, Mineral, Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies and Owls, i.e. a collection of superb influences. Please give them a listen.

1 comment:

Chocolate Monkey said...

Thanks for the mention!

Hope all is well- it's been too long.