Friday, February 17, 2006

Strait

So I'm in the final strait at work, with two and a half working days to go. You may notice my blog updates since Christmas have been occasional, at best. This is actually intentional. I'm quite concerned about writing honest appraisals of the different interviews and meetings with employment agencies that I've had, because a negative remark might not look all that appealing to a prospective employer that has the foresight or the inclination to google my name, or variations on my name. I've just sent an email reply to a school friend's email about this. Do you notice just how circular this situation is becoming? I can't write anything in case it looks unfavourable, so I write here that I can't write anything in case it looks unfavourable. Which in itself might imply that I was going to have something unfavourable to write and therefore a prospective employer might be wary anyway. Oh hell.

I'm going to have to spend this weekend clearing up my desk and all the correspondence I've never quite got round to, and then hopefully leave things in a good order for my successor, Zaheer, to take over.

Then, my plan for next week is to sign up to some temping agencies and to investigate computer qualifications I could do in a short time period. As ever, so much to do!

Oh yes, yesterday I discovered that there are some pretty cool photos of an Action and Action gig we did at the Wheatsheaf in Oxford last month that you can see at this page.

Anyway, just bear with me until I secure stable employment before I actually write down my thoughts on the topic. If you care.

3 comments:

Ambrose said...

Update: I'm staying here until the end of the week because of a meeting that got rearranged. Also, there's an audio interview of the band from our last Oxford gig which has been posted at BBC Oxford. Run and check it out!

Anonymous said...

Self-censorship, eh Ambrose?
You're just greasing the wheels man! Life's too short. I don't think google registers blogspots anyhow, but I could be wrong...
Congrats on the engagement (*sigh* - another one bites the dust ;) ).
Mail me sometime for catching up and all that jazz, but for heaven's sake don't say anything incriminating - the thought police already have a file this thick on me:

<--------------------------------->

Ian

Anonymous said...

PS:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0223-03.htm