Tuesday, March 28, 2006

50


DSC00316.JPG
Originally uploaded by ambroseneville.
I find that I spend an inordinate amount of my time complaining about things, in a geriatric-inspired way. There are actually lots of things to complain about, if you look around you!

Yesterday, for instance, I was complaining about having to pay £1.80 for tie dry-cleaning. You may point out that if I were able to eat without food falling out of my mouth, then maybe I'd be able to get away without having to have 3 of my ties dry cleaned in the last week. You would be right.

When I mentioned paying £1.80 per tie at the pub last night, it prompted Jack to claim that his dad went somewhere where you could get ties cleaned for 50p each. Frank and I greeted this with no small amount of skepticism. So we started challenging Jackie about where you would get this done. He proceeded to state that not only could you get ties dry-cleaned for 50p, but that his dad has no fewer than 50 ties.

Not content with one exaggeration, he'd chosen to try and confound us by reusing the same number! The photo above was taken while Jack tried to tell us this was the truth.

Slightly more believable among last night's conversations was that Jack is the owner of 24 ties.

More wierd news soon, readers.

2 comments:

Jack said...

It's now 27 ties, as I spent exactly £9.00 purchasing 3 additional ties on Tuesday evening. Oh how I love ties!

Fr Andrew Petiprin said...

I have a lot of ties too, but a number of them are ugly skinny ones that I inherited from various people. I've never had a tie cleaned though, so I'm not up on the current U.S. rates.