Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Result

Boy oh boy, it's been nearly a month since I've posted something here. I wouldn't blame people if they'd completely stopped checking back here to see what I'm up to .... but to you, my stalwart friends who are reading this now, here are my updates.

Most importantly, I found out yesterday that I've secured a job in Winchester. This is fantastic news and allows me to get on with planning the rest of my life. I haven't yet received the offer letter, but the post will be for 6 months, working as a project officer for Special Educational Needs in Hampshire County Council as maternity cover. Fingers crossed that will then lead me into other things there. For the time being, I have a database project to complete for the Foundation over the next few weeks, so I'm actually back in the office, and will be helping with their move to new premises at the end of this month.

Apart from the obvious advantages of having gainful employment, most importantly of all, it will stop Frank from calling me "an unemployed". From a man I have known for over 6 years who has yet to take up a full time job, there has been no small amount of irony in these exchanges.

Let me see, what else have I been doing? Oh yes, trying to make arrangements for the wedding, which is all still at quite an early stage. I've been down in Winchester a fair bit, looking at hotels and that sort of thing for the reception, and considering our options as far as churches are concerned.

The less pleasant backdrop to all of this is that I'm rather poor at the minute. Scratch that, I'm "laughably poor" as Frank would have it. I got paid too little for the freelance work I've done over the last month, and am right at the limit of my overdraft, which is causing me some concern, seeing as I've just had payday! Oh well, hopefully things will work out soon enough.

No real band developments on the horizon at the mo. We've been trying to figure out a way of recording some new songs for a proposed mini-album (and maybe a single of some sort). Unfortunately we're constrained by drummer Chris' holidays (which are school holidays seeing as he's a teaching assistant now). It'd be great if we were able to record something before I leave for Winch, but we'll see what happens, I suppose. We have been writing some pretty interesting cut-and-paste music recently, and I'm actually really keen to get it recorded.

Promise I'll write again soon, now that my employment worries are over (touch wood).

-----
edit: Frank now tells me that I've caught the degenerative disease known as employment. The laughter never ends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howday

Gman here good to see your shit working out Buddy email me soon.

aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd

Fr Andrew Petiprin said...

Am, it's Andrew. I have a blog now - it's religious in nature, but you might like it anyway. It doesn't matter.

Congrats on your job and your imepnding move to Winchester! Catch you later, bro--

Anonymous said...

I would like to protest - I am a small businessman, and as such contributing to the entrepreneurial verve of 21st century Britain...

Congratulations anyway, matey. And at least Naomi is safe from sexually-transmitted unemployment now.

Frank.