Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Fracture update!

I went to the Fracture Clinic this morning for my 10-day update on my wrist/arm, and it turns out that, as expected, I have broken my arm (radius bone). The consultant spotted it straight away, but explained that it might not have been picked up previously because it wasn't a great x-ray.

I am now sporting a new caste, and the old moth-eaten version has been binned. When it came to me getting a new one, the sarcastic South African bloke responsible for putting the caste on, who had just spent the last ten minutes winding-up the patient next to me asked me what colour I would like.

Me - What do you have
South African - Pink, yellow, blue, red...
Me - Red please
South African - why red?
Me - (deadpan) because I mostly wear black clothes.

No comments: