Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I love it when a plan comes together

My friend has this great plan to confound Her Majesty's Customs (but don't tell anyone).

When my friend goes to Florida at Christmas, my friend is hoping that he will have saved up enough money to buy myself a *nice* second-hand guitar from America, where the pounds go further than they do in rip-off Britain. My friend been looking at ebay guitars for some time now, waiting for the right one, but it's occurred to him that they end up costing you hugely in postage to come from the US, the guitar is put at extra risk in the international shipping, and when it gets here, Customs will probably get their shabby mitts all over it and try and squeeze as much money out of him as possible.

So here's my friend's plan - he's going to take a really buggered-up old guitar, worth about a fiver, in a hardcase over to America. When he gets there, this will be thrown into the jaws of a waiting alligator, and then a quality instrument will be put in the case and come back to the good ol' UK without our friends at Customs getting involved.

I do love it when a plan comes together :-D

No comments: