Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The people who send you spam

I thought I ought to post this up on my blog at some point. It's the response that an 'Anonymous Coward' posted on Slashdot in relation to a story about a millionaire spammer. I've chuckled at this little bit of writing several times over the past couple of years, and wish I could credit the Anonymous Coward properly.

We know where this one lives. Let's go kill him.

Of course, this is a joke. Surely there isn't a single person who reads Slashdot who has been so annoyed by spam that they would go so far as to kill him and burn down his house. Nope. Nobody like that. Even if that person would almost certainly be able to escape punishment if even a tiny amount of forethought were used in the attempt. After all, Virginia police couldn't even catch a homeless muslim sniper after multiple shootings; what are the odds they'll catch some geek who is actually paying attention to not leave any evidence behind?

Of course, this really is a joke. And everyone reading it should take it as a joke. Except for that one very special person. Yes, you my friend. You know what you must do...

1 comment:

Chocolate Monkey said...

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

I thought you should know ;)

That's not to say your blog enver makes me laugh...

Oh God this is hopeless.