Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Mr Benn


Mr Benn
Originally uploaded by ambroseneville.
Most kids brought up in the UK in the late 70s and early 80s have an almost unnatural nostalgia for the television that we grew up on. There aren't many of us who don't have those 'oh, do you remember ...' conversations with friends quite regularly. In fact, it's a good, if unoriginal, starting point for conversation with most people I've met. I've always said, and do to this very day, that much of my early education came from television. I used to wake up at 6 pretty much ever morning, as a child (God, certainly not as an adult!), to run downstairs and watch the captivating box.

Mr Benn has endured for me as a character I enjoyed watching, and probably still would to this day. I actually gave Naomi a book of Mr Benn stories as a gift once, such was my love of this cartoon's beautifully-faded animation. Today I stumbled across this site which is sure to please any serious fan.

They don't make TV like that anymore (sniff)

No comments: