Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My holiday blog: To the beach (Day 10)


DSCF0022
Originally uploaded by ambroseneville.
For our last full day of the holiday, we went down to a place called Cocoa Beach. As with much of the holiday, I got to play iPod DJ in Andrew's car, choosing a selection of music that seemed appropriate to the glorious weather (including up-beat Beatles songs, some Death Cab for Cutie, and some A, as I recall).

When we got to the beach, we lazed around, watched some bloke trying to operate one of those giant kites that is supposed to lift a man off the ground, into the air (I kept wishing he'd actually take off into the hostile wind direction and crash into a nearby building), and watched amorous old folks and metal detector enthusiasts walking on the beach.

It really was a lovely day, the perfect way to spend our last day in Florida, and I even got some sun on my skin for the first time in 3 years.

For the last night we went back to Will's Pub and the Peacock Room to see a pretty amusing band called Doris Delay and the headliners, The Sharp Objects. Unfortunately I started to feel a bit unwell (Jack attributes this to meat poisioning, but he's a vegetarian, so he would). Not even brandy could cure me. We made one last pilgrimage to Steak and Shake at the end of the night, then back to Amber's place for some tea, which i missed because I kept falling asleep.

Nonetheless, a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Broyd

Hope you well and enjoying the U S of Anal. Speak soon

Mr Das Spunken

P.S AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anonymous said...

Still me broyd -Awesome to the Max - I hope that's irony! Das spunken will be back up and running very shortly.

Bye aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd

Ambrose said...

Great to hear from you Jeeel. Can you send me an email address so I can contact you properly. If you send it to my work email address, that'd be fine!

Looking forward to the continuing adventures of your terror-blog.

Yours
Broyd

Ambrose said...

p.s. of course Awesome to the Max is ironic! It was a new catchphrase we started using liberally on holiday. I recommend you bring it into your everyday vocabulary as if it's completely normal.