Thursday, January 06, 2005

My Holiday Diary: Visit to Andrew's (Day 5)

I spent some of Sunday writing up things for my blog (for your delectation!), then mid-afternoon we all went to Andrew's house for a barbecue. Andrew's step-father refurbished his barbecue that afternoon, with new grilles and metal trays, then cooked us some very fine barbecued salmon. The sea food on this trip has really been excellent!

It was a really nice gathering: the mums of Andrew, Thurston and Buddy's dad (two sisters and a brother) were all there together along with their husbands and wife and it was great to see a large portion of a close-knit family all together. It was great to talk to Buddy's Dad also, who was a huge fan of a number of different styles of music, and has clearly had a lot a reciprocal musical influence upon and from the kids. We, the yoof, ate dinner together, and then went off the Blockbuster to rent something to watch that evening. We went with The Anchorman in the end. It was okay, but I felt that the jokes-per-minute rating was too low to stop me from falling asleep, so I had to bow out a little after midnight, before the film had finished.

No comments: