Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Being Poorly


Being Poorly
Originally uploaded by ambroseneville.
Dear Oh Dear, I've not been too well over the last week or so, but there's lots to report on from before that, so on with the blog entry.

Last week we went into a little studio in Battersea (in fact, I don't even know if the studio has a name!) to record the first Action and Action EP with a qual engineer and nice all-round feller called Jonny, who also works as a sound engineer at the Barfly in Camden. It was a fantastic three days, and we managed to record five tracks in two days of recording, with each band member performing the absolute minimum number of takes. I have a first mix of it, and despite my tendency to over-analyse and self-criticise these things, I really am pretty happy with it after about a hundred listens, and I think it's an accurate depiction of the nature of the band (and surprisingly melodic!).

During the last day in the studio, I started to feel ill and then by Friday morning was feeling like death warmed up, with the flu. However, I had the prospect of it being my first day due back into work after taking two weeks' holiday, and I realised that if I would then immediately be on sick-leave, it would look suspect, even though it wasn't. As it happened I was fortunately sent home after an hour of coughing and blowing my nose.

Upon realising that I'd need to spend the next few days couped up in the flat, I decided to get something to keep myself occupied. Cue the Gamecube for £59 courtesy of HMV. Soul Calibur II, Enter the Matrix and Medal of Honor:Rising Sun. Oh yes, thank you. There are definitely upsides to being ill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the picture, cover with your hand from the top of the head down. I've got a 100 MHz computer, so it did it for me.

Now THAT'S "Being Poorly"

Get well soon

- Ian

Matt said...

can't wait to hear the recordings, ambrose. feel better soon..