Friday, April 08, 2005

The Body Politic (part 1)


TuBerculosis
Originally uploaded by ambroseneville.
I imagine that every UK blog under the sun is going to take on some sort of political characteristic over the next couple of months, but I think I might as well put my under-informed oar in a little, seeing as I do have strong opinions on some of the things that are being debated. Still, I do promise that I won't let the blog get totally dominated by matters political.

So, the general election has been called, after TB saying that he'd leave it for a couple of days out of respect for the mourning of Pope John Paul II.

Today, I followed a link from Jack's blog, and went to the Labour Party's website, where it appears you can now ask Mr Blair your questions in an electronic form. I thought to myself 'why not?', you have to practise what you preach, and participate in democracy as best you can, otherwise you're a hypocrite to complain about the status quo. My question to Mr Blair was on the mythos of Labour's supposedly-great economic record, and what exactly is being done to assist in the housing problem that exists for our credit-heavy generation who don't already have investments in property, because, as it stands, and unless you're callous enough to hope on some kind of windfall from an elderly relative, you are simply not in the game.

No comments: