Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Product Placement 2: Sennheiser PX100 Headphones

One thing that's been giving me enjoyment over the last few days are my new headphones.

Hands up. I have a headphone problem. They tend to last me no longer than 3 months of daily usage (that's around 3 hours per day minimum), and usually end up wearing out at the jack, or exhibit stress on the wires which ends up with only one side of the stereo working.

Well, apart from sounding damn good - and I'm talking a world away from the free iPod earbuds that Apple gives you or the several other pairs I've had from Sony, Philips and so on - they also carry a 2 year guarantee. At current rate of headphone exhaustion I could potentially get through 8 of these babies without having to pay out any more money.

They're £30 at Richer Sounds (but shop around, you might be able to get them for less on Ebay), and they also fold up. The sound is very 'hi-fi' sounding, which makes me realise that the poor sound I've been living with isn't so much due to mp3/AAC compression, but the cheap headphones.

If you see me, have a listen to something through these phones, and you'll see what I mean - they are very good.

2 comments:

Chocolate Monkey said...

I am so glad I was there with you. Hope all is well mate.
Where's my t-shirt?

Ambrose said...

I'll get it from Mohawk Dave tonight, if I can.

Am